What is the BEE Fund?
The Bee Fund is the largest annual fundraiser at Morris Brandon and makes up the majority of the Morris Brandon Elementary School Foundation budget. The Morris Brandon Foundation funds all the curriculum enrichment and capital improvements that enhance your child’s public school education on a daily basis.
How Do I Donate?
Please click here to donate online
Or you can use the pledge card that was included in your Big BEE Envelope and mail or drop it off in the Bee Box at either campus. If you need another pledge card, please contact either of the BEE Fund chairs.
If available, please remember to take advantage of your employer’s matching gift programs to maximize your gift.
Why Should I Donate?
The Brandon experience you have come to expect is funded largely through the supplements provided by our school’s Foundation. In these times of budget cuts, the Foundation wants to continue its commitment to covering the shortfalls in funding from Atlanta Public Schools. This will be an even greater challenge in a year with no Auction and the elimination of the Gift Wrap Sale based on feedback from the Parent Survey.
What is the Money Used For?
With your support, here are some examples of what the Foundation plans to fund this year:
* Purchase and installation of Promethean Boards in all remaining classrooms
* Purchase of 25 AverMedia boxes for the Primary Center, which allows for closed circuit broadcasting
on that campus (MC already has these)
* Continued International Baccalaureate staff development and certification maintenance
* Substantial teacher allotments for supplies and other classroom needs
* Coverage of the APS textbook shortfall
* Almost the entire Art and Music programming for the year
* Significant materials for the PE, Math and French programs
* Subscriptions, such as Accelerated Reader, Study Island, First in Math and Comcast Internet Service
* Salaries for our PE Assistant, Traffic Officer and Mary Plumer
As you can see, your dollars will be hard at work and this is just the beginning!
How Much Do We Need?
We have 2 ambitious goals this year!
> 100% participation from parents, teachers and staff.
> Raise at least $140,000 by October 31, 2011.
Every dollar counts! Join us today and BEE a BEEliever by making a tax-deductible donation. If you go above and beyond with your gift, we can ensure that all the extras that make Brandon The Place to BEE will continue to be supported. There is no better investment than our children’s education.
What's In It for Me?
If you contribute a minimum of $25, you will become a member of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), and you will receive a Bee Fund car decal and student directory.
Those who pledge $500 or more by Monday, September 12 will be invited to a cocktail reception, and will be entered in our 2nd annual raffle to win a fabulous overnight package at the Four Seasons Hotel.
The grade with the highest participation level will win a DJ Party at the school!