Election Day: NO SCHOOL and APS BOE Seats
- Early voting is underway.
- Follow and review the NAPPS Facebook page for links to APS Board of Education (BOE) candidate videos and candidate Q&A from local news organizations. Access the NAPPS website for a detailed summary on all candidates.
Voters will select a total of FOUR (4) Atlanta Board of Education candidates.
- First, voters will select ONE (1) candidate for their Resident District (see map).
- District 3 – Represents part of Garden Hills & E. Rivers Community
- District 4 – Represents majority of North Atlanta Cluster Community
- District 5 – Represents Bolton, some of Brandon & E. Rivers Community
- Second, voters will also select ONE candidate FOR EACH of the THREE (3) At Large Seats. ALL City of Atlanta Taxpayers are eligible to vote for ALL At Large Seats:
- At Large Seat 7 (the candidate must reside in District 1 or 2)
- At Large Seat 8 (the candidate must reside in District 3 or 4)
- At Large Seat 9 (the candidate must reside in District 5 or 6)
All elected District Representatives will serve a 4 year term; Chairman and Vice Chairman serve 2 years. If a majority vote is not achieved in any of the districts, a runoff election of the top 2 candidates will be held on December 5. The new Board of Education will be sworn in on January 1, 2018.