Fun Run 2017
Morris Brandon Fun Run – Running Strong for 70 Years
Be part of the 31st Annual Morris Brandon Fun Run on Saturday, April 22, 2017 (rain date Saturday, April 29, 2017)!
Register HERE by noon on Monday, April 10, for Early Bird pricing of $15 AND to guarantee a t-shirt. (Please note that online registrations will include the PayPal transaction fee of 2.5% at checkout. If you prefer not to pay that fee, you may download and submit this paper registration to either Bee Box by noon on Monday, April 10 for Early Bird pricing.)
After April 10 (including race day), late registration will be $20, and t-shirts are NOT guaranteed. So, don’t BEE late!
Fun Run t-shirts will be distributed prior to the Fun Run for Early Birds, so students can wear them on Spirit Day the Friday before the race.
- The run is 1 mile beginning on Dover road traveling through the Castlewood neighborhood and ending on Mornington Road. See the course map.
- For safety, roads will be closed in the neighborhood and police officers will be on site at various points.
- Each grade and girls/boys have a separate start.
- There is a water station in the middle and at the end.
- Kindergartners may have one parent run with them. There is no fee for the parent unless they want to receive a t-shirt.
- The first 5 finishers for each grade for boys and girls will receive an award. At the finish line, the top finishers will receive a color-coded popsicle stick indicating their place and need to provide their name to the recorder at the finish line.
- 7:30am: Pick up your race number at the teacher parking lot off Dover Rd at the Main Campus. (Please do NOT park near start of race on Dover Rd! And remember, some neighborhood streets will be closed for the race.)
- 8am: Race starts! So… don’t BEE late!
- Restrooms are available in the school.
- After the race, there is an awards ceremony at the teacher parking lot for the 1st five finishers for each grade for girls and boys.
- Walk-up registrations are welcome on race day for $20, but will NOT be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- The 5th graders will be selling breakfast items at the teacher parking lot. And, a brownie troop will be collecting canned goods.
Per tradition, 4th and 5th graders can submit an entry for the race t-shirt design contest. Designs for the theme – Running Strong for 70 Years – must be submitted by Wednesday, March 22, to the Fun Run slot of the Bee Box in the Main Campus lobby. Download an entry form HERE.
Fun Runs are a lot more fun when you have trained for a race. Therefore, it is not a one day event! Students will have the opportunity to run during recess. But, they need the opportunity to train at home as well. Help your child set training goals, and write them down in THIS LOG. For more info, check out these websites with training tips, plans, and goals for kids: HERE and HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact Margaret Cook or Erin Bailey at email@example.com.