Read-A-Thon: Vote for Reading! Read-A-Thon Fall 2016
Friday, November 4 through Thursday, November 10
Grab your favorite books during this election season and VOTE FOR READING!
Encourage your child to read lots of books and find at least one sponsor to support his/her reading and to raise money for our school in one of Morris Brandon’s biggest fundraisers!
- Online Donations are Now Closed. If you are looking to still donate, please reach out to the Read-a-Thon chairs listed below.
- Additional reading log pages
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Reading Logs en español
Our visiting author this year is Christy Ziglar. Christy, a Morris Brandon parent, has written 3 children’s books and plans to read and speak to each grade during Read-A-Thon.
- Friday, November 1: Deadline to pre-order visiting author books.
- Friday, November 4: Read-A-Thon begins at 8am.
- Thursday, November 10: Read-A-Thon ends at bedtime. Deadline to order visiting author books (here).
- Friday, November 11: Students turn in Student Book, including Sponsor Log and Minutes Log.
- Thursday, November 17: Students receive red envelopes to collect donations.
- Friday, December 9: Final due date for donations to count toward earning prizes.
Need book suggestions by grade level? If you didn’t get to read these books back in the summer, here are some suggestions from our Media Specialists for Read-A-Thon!
Grades K/1: Erin Bailey (email@example.com) & Nell Sutlive (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grades 2/3: Sarah Smith (email@example.com) & Anne Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grades 4/5: Stephanie Emry (email@example.com) & Dede Laporta (firstname.lastname@example.org)