Last Days to Donate to the Bee Fund, BEElieve in Brandon today!
Greetings Parents and Community Members! Can you believe another week has passed since we last spoke?? Before you know it, it will be Fall Break (10/8-10/12) and we will be well on our way to the second quarter of the school year. I make it a habit every day to visit every single classroom at either the Primary or Main Campus (and so does my team). I love seeing the learning taking place everywhere I go and especially the morning circles that our teachers always begin each day with. A lot has happened since the last time we met!
- Our Primary center, and especially our DLI classrooms, are in full swing as they celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Ms. Halliday and the rest of her Kindergarten team finished their first book in Wit and Wisdom with a BANG! Ask your Kindergartener about what they learned from Chicka Chicka Boom! Boom!
- Ms. Burch’s 3rd grade class built a map of the US, labeling all of the major rivers and mountain ranges.
- 4th grade elected their class representatives for Student Council! Congratulations to all the winners!
- Ms. Maneri’s class impressed me with their flexible seating and learning centers. According to her, “you can be just as productive with rockers, floor tables and pillows to help with learning!”
- Ms. Stansbury’s “5th grade university” worked on comparing and contrasting illustrations of key Native Americans and their white settler counterparts. Later on she (and the rest of 5th grade) began their Science unit by introducing static electricity with a fun activity involving balloons.
- Our 5th grade ROCKED IT at their annual car wash, raising over $1500 dollars! Well done team!
- FIVE OF OUR LUCKY STAFF WERE ABLE TO ATTEND A DAY AT THE RON CLARK ACADEMY! Just by hearing the initial feedback and seeing the photos, I can tell it was an amazing day of learning from one of the most energetic and enthusiastic educators out there. I can’t wait to see what they bring back to Brandon!
- And, last but not least, OUR ANNOUNCEMENTS WENT LIVE! Yes, that’s correct – ALL of our Brandon students at both Primary and Main are now able to tune in each morning to hear ONE MORNING ANNOUNCEMENT. What an awesome way to bring our two campuses together.
I want to remind you that we have set aside both 10/8 and 10/9 for parent-teacher conferences should you be in town and willing to meet. Don’t worry if you are not here! Your child’s teacher will make sure he or she is available for a 20-25m meeting to discuss progress, academics and class work. I also want to remind everyone of my first Principal Coffee Talk on 10/19 in the Main Campus Media Center. The topic will be school safety and a panel will be available to answer any questions or concerns you may have. There also are only 10 days left for our annual Bee Fund Campaign, so feel free to keep donating to our amazing school! 100% of the money goes directly back to our teachers and your students. As always, please reach out to myself or a member of our admin team with any questions or concerns.
Until next time!