Greetings Parents and Community Members! And we’re back! Just like that, Thanksgiving has come and gone. I had a great time with family and friends during my time off but we’re back in the full swing of things at Brandon Elementary and I cannot believe how fast the year has gone. While there is only one more month left in the semester, there is so much taking place before we leave on 12/21. We have International Travelers Week where we’ll be going to South Africa, our annual holiday performances and holiday parties, and, of course quality daily instruction happening in every classroom, and so much has happened since we last spoke!
- Brandon students donated much needed cleaning supplies to Cascade Elementary whose new Principal is none other than Brandon’s former Program Admin, Tiffany Momon. We are #foreverconnected.
- We started our annual “I See You” campaign, kicked off with our monthly Principal Book Talk. Students have been submitting kindness cards to their friends in the building and the response has been overwhelming!
- Ms. Ingram and our PC library got a brand new LEGO wall! If you have a chance, come check it out!
- Our Brandon Bees charged by our Superintendent, kicked off the APS #RACE2READ campaign with a goal of reading 47,134 minutes this school year, and guess what?? WE ALREADY REACHED IT! Continue to log minutes on Beanstack so we can win the overall award and read the most minutes of any school in APS!
- Courtesy of our Foundation, our amazing French teachers traveled all the way to New Orleans to attend the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language Conference where they brought back a wealth of knowledge for our students and staff.
- Mr. Hutson, our PC Program Admin, rocked it out on the microphone at our annual PC Café Jam session. If you haven’t seen the video, check it out! It has close to 1000 views!
There is always so many cool things happening at Brandon Elementary! Our students will be taking their Winter STAR assessments soon as well as wrapping up their Modules in both Eureka Math and Wit and Wisdom ELA. We are in and out of classrooms each day checking in on our students and teachers as they continue to drive our schoolwide priority of increasing English Language Arts proficiency and ensuring all students are reading on grade level by the time they leave for the summer. As always, please continue to reach out to myself or a member of our admin team with any questions or concerns you may have. Also, PLEASE be sure to take our school Climate Survey here! So far we have only 60 responses and I want to triple that! This is a major influencer in our Climate score for this school year. Don’t forget to follow me on twitter @jbland100 and on Facebook!
One more thing, this Thursday will be Atlanta United Day! Wear your soccer gear to support our hometown team moving on to the MLS Finals!
Until next week