2017-18 Bus Routes have been officially published on the APS website here.
Sign up for text alerts to receive real-time alerts about changes to normal bus operation such as delays, change of bus number, break down, etc. Parents of bus riders are STRONGLY encouraged to sign up for text alerts.
The telephone number for the Atlanta Public Schools’ Transportation Office is 404-802-5500. Use this number if you have any concerns about bus transportation.
The transportation department of Atlanta Public Schools configures bus routes based on maximum occupancy. Our buses become over-crowded very quickly when children bring friends home that normally ride a different bus, walk, or carpool home. Students will not be allowed to bring friends home on the bus – absolutely no exceptions.
- At both campuses, morning buses are unloaded in the front drive of the school beginning at 7:30am and students proceed directly to their Homeroom class.
- Bus dismissal begins at 2:30pm at both campuses. Due to the large number of buses, students are loaded for afternoon dismissal in groups.
- At both campuses, teachers escort students to the bus each afternoon.
- Every morning and every afternoon one of the regular buses will also serve as a “shuttle” to get students from one campus to the other. The morning shuttles leave promptly from each campus at 7:30am. The afternoon shuttles leave promptly from each campus at 2:30pm. Any student needing to ride the shuttle does NOT need to know the bus number, they need only to send in a change of transportation indicating “Shuttle”. The designated Shuttle buses are:
- Bus 560 is the Shuttle from MC to PC
- Bus 585 is the Shuttle from PC to MC
- All students will have a backpack tag attached to their book bags that will identify their name, grade, and afterschool mode of transportation, which includes the bus number, if applicable.
- Students must send in a Change of Transportation signed by a parent for any change to their regular mode of transportation (as identified with their teacher at the beginning of the school year).
Questions? Contact Fran Egan (email@example.com).