Transportation: Rules & Info
Transportation procedures have been developed with the safety of our children as the top priority. Please make sure that, regardless of how your student gets to and from school, every person in your household is aware of and prepared to follow all procedures so we can all Bee Safe!
PikMyKid is the primary transportation hub for Morris Brandon. All families will need to download the PikMyKid app from the iTunes or Google Play store.
Please click on the following links to take you to more detailed information about the various methods of transportation available to the Morris Brandon Community:
General Transportation Information
For parents with students at both campuses
- Bus riding is STRONGLY encouraged.
- When riding the bus is not an option, we suggest allowing one student to ride the shuttle (an APS bus that goes to each campus) and meeting both students at one campus.
- Parents or caregivers awaiting the shuttle should greet student(s) as a “walker” in front of the media center at the Primary Campus, and in front of the school at the Main Campus, and then await the arrival of the shuttle to greet the other child(ren). Parents must park in an available, non-reserved parking spot while awaiting the shuttle.
- It is also possible to pick up from both campuses through the carpool line at each campus.
For parents with students involved in Before School Activities (ex. Safety Patrol; Jump Rope, etc.):
- Students may be dropped off in the front of the school before the driveway is closed to bus-only traffic at 7:00 a.m.
- Students may be dropped off in the Howell Mill lot between 7:00 and 7:10 a.m. by pulling past the carpool line to drop off their student. After 7:10 a.m, parents must wait in the carpool line.
- Students MAY NOT be dropped off in the Teacher’s Parking Lot on Dover Rd.
Changes in Transportation
Your child’s well-being and safety are our first and foremost priority at all times. Therefore, we encourage you to keep your child’s after school routine as consistent as possible. However, we realize that there will be times when you will need to alter your normal routine. For these occasions, please edit your child’s pick up mode (Bus, shuttle, carpool, walker, or HIVE) in the PikMyKid app. You can also delegate their pickup to another person. Changes in PikMyKid must be done before 1:20 p.m. each day.
For the safety of our children, NO CHANGES IN TRANSPORTATION CAN BE MADE VIA TELEPHONE. It is important that you and your child discuss how s/he is going home, and that the teacher is made aware of your plans via PikMyKid, particularly any changes you make to your normal routine. This is an important security issue and requires the cooperation of all parents! We really appreciate you utilizing the app rather than emailing teachers or calling the front office.
REMINDER: Students are not allowed to ride a different bus or ride the bus home with a friend if they normally walk or carpool home – ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.