Transportation: Rules & Info
Transportation procedures have been developed with the safety of our children as the top priority. Please make sure that, regardless of how your student gets to and from school, every person in your household is aware of and prepared to follow all procedures so we can all Bee Safe!
Please click on the following links to take you to more detailed information about the various methods of transportation available to the Morris Brandon Community:
General Transportation Information
For parents with students at both campuses
- Bus riding is STRONGLY encouraged.
- When riding the bus is not an option, we suggest allowing one student to ride the shuttle (an APS bus that goes to each campus) and meeting both students at one campus.
- Parents or caregivers awaiting the shuttle should greet student(s) as a “walker” in the lobby and then await the arrival of the shuttle to greet the other child(ren). Parents must park in an available, non-reserved parking spot while awaiting the shuttle.
- It is also possible to pick up from both campuses through the carpool line at each campus.
For parents with students involved in Before School Activities (ex. Safety Patrol; Jump Rope, etc.):
- Students may be dropped off in the front of the school before the driveway is closed to bus-only traffic at 7:15 a.m.
- Students may be dropped off in the Howell Mill lot between 7:15 and 7:25 a.m. by pulling past the carpool line to drop off their student. After 7:25 a.m, parents must wait in the carpool line.
- Students MAY NOT be dropped off in the Teacher’s Parking Lot on Dover Rd.
Changes in Transportation
Your child’s well-being and safety are our first and foremost priority at all times. Therefore, we encourage you to keep your child’s after school routine as consistent as possible. However, we realize that there will be times when you will need to alter your normal routine. For these occasions:
- Please fill out a Change of Transportation form or write a note detailing all information regarding the transportation change and including your signature.
- For your convenience, a copy of the Brandon Kindergarten “change of transportation form” is attached.
- Your child will then present this note to the Parent Transportation Volunteer (Morning Mom) in the lobby between 7:30 and 7:59 am to be recorded in the transportation changes log.
- The child’s name, teacher’s name, and change of plans (bus number, carpool, and walker) are recorded in this log and maintained at the receptionist’s desk for later reference if necessary.
- After your note has been recorded in the log and initialed by the Morning Mom, your child must then give it to his/her teacher.
For the safety of our children, all changes of transportation must be in writing and include a parent signature. NO CHANGES IN TRANSPORTATION CAN BE MADE VIA TELEPHONE. It is important that you and your child discuss how s/he is going home, and that the teacher is aware of your plans, particularly any changes you make to your normal routine. Please remember that this written notification is required to ensure that the staff is aware of any changes. This is an important security issue and requires the cooperation of all parents!
REMINDER: Students are not allowed to ride a different bus or ride the bus home with a friend if they normally walk or carpool home – ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.