Beginning July 1, 2016, Atlanta Public Schools became a Charter System. Adopting this new operating model allows schools more freedom and flexibility to find new ways to boost student achievement. The best part — parents, educators and community members can now share in the decision-making process by joining the school’s GO Team.
The GO Team replaces the Local School Council model that had previously been operating (through as recent as the 2015-16 school year).
What is the GO Team?
GO Teams consist of 3 parents (elected by parents), 3 instructional staff (elected by staff members), 2 community members (nominated by principal), 1 swing seat (selected by GO Team), and 1 principal (non-voting member). At the high school level, there is also 1 student who serves. But this does not apply to the Morris Brandon GO Team. To learn more from the initial election, click on this APS-created resource.
2020-2021 Brandon Strategic Plan
What do we do?
- Approve Morris Brandon’s strategic plan
- Approve Morris Brandon’s budget recommendations
- Participate in the hiring and evaluation of the school’s principal
Who are we?
|Parent||Patterson Calhoun (Chair)||6/30/2022|
|Parent||Fran Egan (Secretary)||6/30/2021|
Maggie Blease (Cluster Representative)
Peyton Johnston (Vice Chair)
2020-2021 Meetings (are open to the public and tentatively scheduled as noted):
- September 24 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- October 8 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- October 15 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- November 12 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- December 10 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- January 28 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- February 11 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- February 25 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- March 25 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- April 29 at 3:00pm, Zoom meeting link
- August 6 at 7:00 am, Main Campus room 107
- October 3 at 3:00 pm, Primary Center gym (Public Comment)
- November 7 at 7:00 am, Main Campus room 107
- December 5 at 3:00 pm, Primary Center gym (Public Comment)
- January 16 at 7:00 am, Main Campus room (Public Comment)
- February 6 at 7:00 am, Main Campus room 107
- February 19 at 3:00 pm, Primary Center gym (Public Comment)
- March 5 at 3:00 pm, Main Campus room 107
- April 2 at 3:00 pm, Primary Center room 057 (Public Comment)
A summary of meeting actions will be posted within 2 days of the meeting online and at school. The agendas and minutes (until minutes are approved, they will be listed as “summaries“) can be found on their respective links within this paragraph, as they each become available.
The public is welcome at all GO Team meetings and there is a public comment portion at some meetingsas noted above. Please see our norms for public comment here.
For more information on GO Teams and the Charter Operating Model, click on this APS site.