The BEE Fund – BEElieve in Brandon
2018-19 BEElieve in Brandon: The BEE Fund
The BEE Fund is the largest source of funding for the Morris Brandon Elementary School Foundation.
Donate today to preserve the legacy of excellence at our school. Every gift matters because every student matters!
What is the BEE Fund?
The BEE Fund is the annual campaign to raise funds for Morris Brandon and is the most effective vehicle for parents to support the school and our teachers. All BEE Fund donations support the Morris Brandon Elementary School Foundation, which is the non-profit foundation that provides funding for major items not covered by Atlanta Public School budgets, such as curriculum enrichment, capital improvements and those special “extras” that enhance your child’s public school education every day. Learn more about how the money is used below.
2018-19 BEE Fund Goal: $250,000
Deadline to Donate: October 5, 2018
Elevate the Foundation and its investments by making a donation to the BEE Fund.
What is the Goal?
We have two ambitious goals this year:
- 100% participation from parents, teachers and staff
- Raise a minimum of $250,000 by October 5, 2018
Every gift makes a difference! Join us today and help us reach 100% participation by making a tax-deductible donation. There is no better investment than in our children’s education.
As a result of the money raised through the BEE Fund, the Foundation was able to provide the following enhancements to Morris Brandon during the 2017-2018 school year:
- iPads to assist with small group instruction for all Kindergarten classrooms.
- Funding of the International Travelers program, which supports the International Baccalaureate (IB) mission of Morris Brandon in cultivating global awareness.
- Choral risers for the Primary Campus.
- Collaborative learning desks in support of building teamwork among students.
- Alternative seating options for students with individual learning styles.
- Financial support for the assistant principals to travel to a nationally recognized professional development program administered by the Delaware Institute for Novice Immersion Principals.
- Purchase of new headphones for the Primary Campus computer lab.
- Math center learning kits for all grades, which include math manipulatives for all learning levels.
- Financial support for one teacher from each grade level and five specials teachers to attend the Annual Reading Literacy and Learning Conference.
- Funding of a pilot program for a new English Language Arts curriculum.
- Procurement of art supplies for every student to work with different media.
How Do I Donate?
Every gift, no matter the size, makes a difference in the lives of our children at Morris Brandon today. Gifts range from $5 – $5,000, and the average gift last year was $400. Learn more about Donor Levels and Matching Gifts below.
Two Ways to Donate to The BEE Fund:
1. ONLINE – the easy way! Click here to donate online.
2. DOWNLOAD A PLEDGE CARD here and pay by check. Please make checks payable to “Morris Brandon Elementary School Foundation” or “MBESF”.
Return your pledge card and check:
- By Mail: to Morris Brandon Elementary School, 2741 Howell Mill Road Atlanta, 30327
- Via the Bee Box: located at either campus by inserting in the “Bee Fund” slot.
2018-19 Bee Fund Donor Levels
A minimum donation of $35 includes a PTA membership and a school directory. All donors will be recognized in a published list and receive a Morris Brandon decal. Additional benefits are listed next to each donor level below.
Raffle ticket for one night at the Four Seasons, Invitation to the Fall Donor Reception with members of the school’s administrative team and raffle ticket for two tickets to the Morris Brandon Auction.
|$2,500 and above|
|Bee Hive Club
Raffle ticket for one night at the Four Seasons and Invitation to the Fall Donor Reception with members of the school’s administrative team
|$1,000 – $2,499|
|Big Buzz Club
Raffle ticket for one night at the Four Seasons
|$750 – $999|
|Buzz Club||$500 – $749|
|Stingers Club||$250 – $499|
|Colony Club||$150 – $249|
|Bee Keepers Club||up to $149|
We are also able to accept donations to The BEE Fund via a stock payment. Shares of stock will be liquidated upon receipt and applied as your contribution to The BEE Fund. If you are interested in this option, please email us at BeeFund@morrisbrandon.com for specific details.
Double the impact with Matching Gifts from your employer! We received over $30,000 last year from corporate matching gift programs which represented more than 10% of the funds raised.
Companies who participated included: Bank of America, The Coca-Cola Company, Delta, Equifax, GlaxoSmithKline, Goldman Sachs, Home Depot, McKesson, Norfolk Southern, Northwestern Mutual, PNC Bank, Turner Broadcasting System, UBS, and many others.
If you have any questions, please contact any of the BEE Fund chairs at BeeFund@morrisbrandon.com.
2018-19 BEE FUND CHAIRS