The BEE Fund – BEElieve in Brandon
2020-21 BEElieve in Brandon: The BEE Fund
The BEE Fund is the largest source of funding for the Morris Brandon Elementary School Foundation, supporting critical resources and enhancements not covered by the operating budget.
You can make an impact on the experience for each student, faculty, and staff member on campus. Make your gift today!
What is the BEE Fund?
The annual BEE Fund campaign is the most effective way for Morris Brandon parents to provide resources for the school and our teachers. Gifts to the BEE Fund support the Morris Brandon Elementary School Foundation, which is the non-profit foundation that funds resources not covered by the Atlanta Public School budget, such as curriculum enrichment, capital improvements and the “extras” that make your child’s Morris Brandon experience special.
2020-21 BEE Fund Goal: $200,000
Deadline to Donate: October 30, 2020
Make an impact on your child’s education
by supporting the BEE Fund.
What is the Goal?
- 100% participation from parents, teachers and staff
- Raise a minimum of $200,000 by October 30, 2020
Every gift makes a difference – make your tax-deductible contribution today!
Thanks to BEE Fund donors, the Foundation was able to fund the following resources and enhancements at Morris Brandon during the 2018-19 school year:
- Online subscriptions to MyLexia and other educational applications for virtual learning
- FUNdations math program for K-2
- Financial support for courses focused on enhancing literacy learning for 65 teachers (including Orton-Gillingham training).
- Textbook and workbook materials for Wit & Wisdom curriculum and school wide MyLexia subscription.
- Multiple workbooks and assessment tools, including third grade cursive writing, fourth grade science, and fifth grade social studies workbooks.
- Curriculum support materials for International Travelers program.
- Two Chromebook carts for grades two through five and additional iPads for each K-2 classroom.
- Funding for French teaching team to attend a conference on latest methods for teaching foreign languages.
- LobbyGuard computer check-in system.
- High definition document cameras for teachers to use with classroom smart boards.
- Replacement walkie-talkies for administrative teams at both campuses to ensure better communication and safety during school and carpool.
- New projector screen for MC Gym.
- Materials to create a Lego makerspace wall in the media centers at both campuses.
- Art supplies for every student to work with different media.
How do I make my gift?
Your support makes a difference at Morris Brandon. Each year, donors make gifts in amounts ranging from $5 – $5,000, and the average gift last year was approximately $400. Learn more about donor levels and matching gifts below.
Two Ways to Donate to The BEE Fund:
1. ONLINE – the easy way! Click here to donate online.
2. DOWNLOAD A PLEDGE CARD here and pay by check. Please make checks payable to “Morris Brandon Elementary School Foundation” or “MBESF”.
Return your pledge card and check:
- By Mail: to Morris Brandon Elementary School, 2741 Howell Mill Road Atlanta, 30327
- Via the Bee Box: located at either campus by inserting in the “Bee Fund” slot.
2020-21 Giving Levels and additional benefits
|Bee Hive Club
An invitation to the Spring Donor Reception with members of the school’s administration team.
|$1,000 – $2,499|
|Buzz Club||$500 – $999|
|Stingers Club||$250 – $499|
|Colony Club||$150 – $249|
|Bee Keepers Club||up to $149|
All donors will be recognized in the BEE Fund Donor Roll and receive Morris Brandon BEE Fund decals. Reception invitations will be provided to donors who make their commitment by the October 30 campaign deadline.
Double the impact with Matching Gifts from your employer! More than 20% of the BEE Fund total last year came from matching gifts. Companies that participated include: Bank of America, The Coca-Cola Company, Delta, Equifax, GlaxoSmithKline, Goldman Sachs, Home Depot, McKesson, Norfolk Southern, Northwestern Mutual, PNC Bank, Turner Broadcasting System, UBS, and many others.
2020-21 BEE FUND CHAIRS
Anne Miller Smith