Carpool Rules and Registration for 2020-21
A parent can register at any time for carpool using our new PikmyKid app.
No matter the mode of transportation, we want all parents to register. Changes of transportation will also be made on the app.
Carpool Hours at Both Campuses
Morning Carpool (drop off) runs from 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Afternoon Carpool (pick up) runs from 2:15 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.
* Students not picked up by 2:50 p.m. will be taken to the office to contact a parent and await pick up. After 3:00 p.m., they will be taken to the Hive After-School program. Hive fees will apply.
Main Campus Carpool
Carpool drop off and pick up is in the Howell Mill Rd. parking lot ONLY, no exceptions!
Primary Center Carpool
Carpool drop off and pick up is in the front drive of the school with the line stopping in front of the Main Office area.
We cannot emphasize enough that students are not to be dropped off or picked up at any other location. This will be strictly enforced for the safety of our students!
General Carpool Notes for Both Campuses
- When you enter the carpool line at each campus, pull forward as far as possible.
- Have your child ready to exit the car as you pull forward in the carpool line. If your child is having difficulty getting out of the car (anxiety, large project, etc.) pull out of the line, park, and walk your child to the front of the building. Make sure your child has their mask on when they exit the car.
- Car must be in park prior to the doors opening.
- If your child needs help with buckling the seatbelt, pull forward out of the carpool line to assist.
- Students exit and enter your vehicle on the passenger’s side only.
- Driver cell phone use is prohibited at all times in the carpool line.
- If you choose to park and walk your child into the building, please park legally.
- NEVER park in a reserved space or in a “No Parking”
- Do NOT leave your car while parked in carpool line. No unattended vehicles in the carpool line.
- Pedestrians have the right of way. Please be aware of our large numbers of Bees who walk to school.
- Do not block driveways, entranceways or streets while in the carpool line.
- Wait for the cars in front of you to leave and follow them out of the driveway. DO NOT pull out of the line and drive around other cars.
- When you arrive for afternoon dismissal, go the PikmyKid App and announce you are in line. You are able to announce starting at 1:30pm. If you don’t have your cell phone or someone else is picking up your child and they don’t have the app, make sure you know the NEW 3 digit student ID. A staff member can look up the student, but this will slow the process.
- Please have the new PikmyKid Carpool sign in your car where it is visible to staff. Not having this sign visible makes the process slower.
- Old carpool numbers can be removed from parent’s cars.
Main Campus Carpool Notes
- There is only one carpool line which runs through the Howell Mill Rd. lot.
- Turns into the Howell Mill Rd. lot during carpool – Southbound turns from Howell Mill Rd. (left turns) into the school are allowed during the morning carpool only. No left hand turns into the parking lot will be permitted during the afternoon carpool (in other words you just approach the lot from the south).
- After 8:00 a.m., the front doors will be closed and all staff will report inside so that school may begin ON TIME at 8:00 a.m.
- Once the doors are closed and staff are inside, any arriving students MUST be walked in by a parent. Students will be marked tardy after 8:00 a.m.
- The front parking lot IS CLOSED to cars from 7:15-8:15 a.m. as this is bus unloading ONLY. Due to the high volume of busses and walkers, NO CARS may enter the front lot during this time.
- The Teachers’ Lot on Dover is NOT open to parent traffic. This lot is for TEACHERS ONLY and will be blocked off beginning at 7:25 a.m. each morning once all teachers have arrived.
- The portion of Dover Rd. directly in front of the Teacher’s Lot, is a designated NO PARKING ZONE by the City of Atlanta. Cars MAY NOT drop students off or pick students up here. This creates a major safety hazard and will be strictly enforced.
- For afternoon carpool, you may park in any open, non-reserved parking space if you wish. Walkers are dismissed at one time and you can get your child when they walk outside the building.
Primary Center Carpool Notes
- Morning carpool – NO LEFT TURNS into the front of the Primary Center during morning carpool unless an officer is there directing traffic.
- If you approach the school from West Wesley, do not turn down Margaret Mitchell. You must use Sequoyah or Wesley Pkwy to be able to go through carpool correctly and not make an improper left turn into the school.
- After 8:00a.m., the front doors will be closed and all staff will report inside so that school may begin ON TIME at 8:00 a.m.
- Once the doors are closed and staff are inside, a sign will be placed in the carpool line indicating that carpool is over. If you arrive and the sign has been posted, DO NOT DROP your child off. It is NOT SAFE for your child. You must park and walk your child inside and sign your child in with the Morning Mom or receptionist.
- Students will be marked tardy after 8:00 a.m.
- Afternoon carpool will take place in the same location as morning carpool. The carpool line will begin at the Main Office entrance and continue down Parkwood to Wesley Parkway. Please do not turn left from Margaret Mitchell into the school parking lot.
Changes in Transportation
Your child’s well-being and safety are our first and foremost priority at all times. You will need to go to PikmyKid app to make changes. The cut-off each day for change of transportation is 1:20pm. If after 1:20pm, you will need to call the front office.