Morris Brandon Fun Run – October 22, 2022
BEE part of the 36th Annual Morris Brandon Fun Run on Saturday, October 22, 2022!
Register HERE before midnight on Sunday, October 2, 2022 for $15 to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
After October 2nd, registration fee will be $20 and t-shirts are NOT guaranteed, so don’t BEE late!
Fun Run t-shirts will be distributed at the Fun Run check-in for those that register by October 2nd. Students are encouraged to wear them to school after the race on the following Monday, October 24th.
We hope that all Morris Brandon families can participate in this event. If you require payment assistance, contact Jennifer Durant, MSW at Jennifer.Durant@atlanta.k12.ga.us or 404-802-7281.
Fun Run T-Shirt Competition:
Per tradition, 5th graders can submit an entry for the Fun Run t-shirt design contest. Designs for the theme must be submitted by Friday, September 23, 2022 in the Fun Run slot of the Bee Box, which is located in the Main Campus lobby. Download an entry form HERE.
General Race Information:
- The run is approximately 1 mile through the Margaret Mitchell neighborhood, near the Primary Center (2845 Margaret Mitchell Drive, Atlanta, GA 30327).
- The Fun Run course for Kindergarten through 5th Grade and teachers/staff will start at the Primary Campus Gym, followed by a left turn onto Margaret Mitchell Drive, left onto Wesley Parkway, left onto Parkwood Lane and a right back into the PC.
- Kindergarteners will be allowed to run with a parent. There is not a registration fee required for the parent unless they would like to receive a t-shirt.
- Pre-K will run a modified course with a 5th grade buddy, starting at the PC Gym, followed by a left onto Margaret Mitchell Drive with a turn around before Sequoyah Drive back into the PC.
- The first 3 finishers for each grade for boys and girls will receive an award. At the finish line, the top finishers will receive a color-coded popsicle stick indicating their place and need to provide their name to the recorder at the finish line.
- For safety, roads will be closed in the neighborhood and police officers will be on site at various points.
- There will be a water station at the end of the race near the PC gym.
- Restrooms will be available in the school via the PC Gym entrance.
- King of Pops will be available for purchase at the end of the race near the PC field.
Race Day Details – October 22, 2022:
- 7:30 AM: Pick up your race number and t-shirt at the PC gym.
- Remember, some neighborhood streets will be closed for the race so please allow extra time for parking.
- Walk-up registrations are welcome on race day for $20, but will NOT be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- 8:00 AM: Race starts! So….don’t BEE late!
- Races will start every 10-15 minutes in the following order:
- Pre-K with a 5th Grade Buddy, Teachers/Staff, Kindergarten with a parent, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade and 5th Grade.
- Boys and girls races by grade will be staggered.
- After the race, there will be an awards ceremony in the PC gym for the 1st three finishers for each grade for girls and boys with the exception of Pre-K. All Pre-K participants will receive an award.
Fun Runs are a lot more fun when you have trained for a race! Therefore, it is not a one day event! Students will have the opportunity to run during recess. But, they need the opportunity to train at home as well. Help your child set training goals!. For more info, check out this website with training tips, plans, and goals for kids HERE. If you have any questions, contact the Fun Run Chairs, Liz Hammack at email@example.com or Ashley Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org.