Morris Brandon Fun Run – 2021 Date TBD
Stay tuned for 2021 race details very soon!
Be part of the 34th Annual Morris Brandon Fun Run on Saturday, April 25, 2020!
Register HERE before midnight on Sunday, April 5, 2020 for $15 and to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
After April 5, you will only be able to register on race day for $20, and t-shirts are NOT guaranteed. So, don’t BEE late!
Fun Run t-shirts will be distributed prior to the Fun Run for those that register by April 5, so students can wear them on Spirit Day the Friday before the race.
- The run is approximately 1 mile through the Margaret Mitchell neighborhood, near the Primary Center (new location!).
- For safety, roads will be closed in the neighborhood and police officers will be on site at various points.
- Each grade and girls/boys have a separate start.
- There is a water station at the end of the race in the PC gym.
- Kindergarteners may have one parent run with them. There is no fee for the parent unless they want to receive a t-shirt.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Parents can race against Principal Bland and other staff in a Parent/Staff race for $50.
- The first 5 finishers for each grade for boys and girls will receive an award. At the finish line, the top finishers will receive a color-coded popsicle stick indicating their place and need to provide their name to the recorder at the finish line.
Race Day, April 25:
- 7:30AM: Pick up your race number. (Remember, some neighborhood streets will be closed for the race.)
- 8AM: Race starts! So….don’t BEE late!
- Restrooms are available in the school.
- After the race, there is an awards ceremony in the PC gym for the 1st five finishers for each grade for girls and boys.
- Walk-up registrations are welcome on race day for $20, but will NOT be guaranteed a t-shirt.
Per tradition, 4th and 5th graders can submit an entry for the race t-shirt design contest. Designs for the theme – 2020 Vison: Setting Our Sights on the Finish Line – must be submitted by Friday, March 20, 2020 to the Fun Run slot of the Bee Box in the Main Campus lobby. Download an entry form HERE.
Fun Runs are a lot more fun when you have trained for a race. Therefore, it is not a one day event! Students will have the opportunity to run during recess. But, they need the opportunity to train at home as well. Help your child set training goals!. For more info, check out these websites with training tips, plans, and goals for kids: HERE and HERE.