Read-A-Thon: Bee in Love with Reading!
Friday, February 8 through Thursday, February 14, 2019
Grab your favorite books and BEE IN LOVE WITH READING!
Encourage your child to read lots of books and find at least one sponsor to support his/her reading and to raise money for our school in one of Morris Brandon’s biggest fundraisers!
We are thrilled to welcome award winning illustrator, Michael P. White. Michael will help us kick off Read-A-Thon on Friday, February 8 at both campuses! Michael will produce several original illustrations during his visit. Purchase Michael P. White’s books and help raise money for Brandon! 25% of proceeds go directly to Morris Brandon PTA.
Place orders by January 30 to ensure delivery in-classroom prior to Michael’s visit on February 8. Students who have purchased copies of books are invited to bring them for Michael to sign after his presentation.
- Friday, February 8: Read-A-Thon begins at 8am
- Thursday, February 14: Read-A-Thon ends at bedtime
- Friday, February 15: Students turn in Student Booklet, including Sponsor Log and Minutes Log by 8am
- Friday, March 1: Students receive red envelopes to collect donations
- Wednesday, March 13 at 8am: Final due date for donations to count toward earning prizes
- Friday, March 29: Reading and Fundraising winners announced
Donations can be made in 3 ways:
- Check (payable to Morris Brandon PTA with student name and class in MEMO)
Questions? Ask the Read-A-Thon Committee Chair for your grade:
- K: Vanessa Hall, email@example.com
- 1st: Christy Ziglar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd: Lindley Webb, email@example.com
- 3rd: Carrie Shapiro, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4th: Ethan Shapiro, email@example.com
- 5th: Lisa Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org