5th Grade News
Fifth Grade – Class of 2018
5th Grade at Morris Brandon . . . Big Responsibilities, Big Fun, Big Memories!!
Visit the 5th Grade Store – Pay your dues, RSVP for the Parent Social, and order a yard sign all in one convenient place. Offerings will change throughout the year as many items are seasonal.
Morris Brandon has a proud tradition of celebrating our fifth graders! These school leaders are entrusted with much responsibility as they finish out their time at Brandon. In return, there is a long list of activities and events and celebrations for them to enjoy all year! Responsibilities include acting as safety patrol to keep our Bees safe in the bus line and in carpool, raising and lowering the American flag on the front lawn, and largely running the Field Day activities for the younger classes in May. They will also have the opportunity to become a GREAT AMERICAN by learning and reciting some key pieces of history.
GREAT AMERICANS PROGRAM (Aug. 14 – Sep. 26)
The GREAT AMERICANS program is an exciting challenge and long standing tradition for Morris Brandon 5th graders. While all 5th grade teachers support this program and encourage each student to participate, the program is completely optional and not required. However, we hope that each student will take on the challenge and be named a Great American! We will recognize each student with a picnic and at the 5th Grade Celebration later this year. Last year, nearly 90 fifth grade students achieved this great accomplishment!
- Download the requirements to pass the voluntary program.
- Download the information your student will learn during the program.
5th Grade Teaching Team
- July 31 – Back To School Social from 10:00 – 11:30am
- Aug 14 – Great Americans begins
- Sep 14 – 5th grade parent social
- Sep 16 – 5th Grade Car Wash
- Sep 24, Sep 30 and Oct 1 – Bethany Riggs Photography Fundraiser
- Sep 26 – Great Americans ends
- Sep 27 – 28 – Rock Eagle Trip
- Oct 22 – Jamboree Haunted Hall and Dunk Tank Fund Raisers
5th Grade Newsletter Archives*
*if you are not receiving the 5th grade newsletter and wish to be, please email the chairs listed at the top of this page to be added to the distribution (this is separate from the BeeMail newsletter sign-up which is available directly through the website)